Friday, April 17, 2009

atomic kitchen and victogoth everything..

After visiting antique malls to finish my guest room... I realized how much I love the atomic kitchens of the 50's. How the retail industry targetted the women of the 50s with updated kitchenware, and color schemes to make the oh so busy life of an housewife just that much easier. I love every bit of it... and after I found the perfect teacups and saucers for only $5, I was incredibly happy and ready to finish the set.. only to have found that the entire set costs $3,000 and I was incredibly lucky to find what I did. Now I'm torn trying to figure out whether I should just sell the 3 I already have and start a new collection or cheaper china... or stick with it and hope that by the time I'm 50 I'll be able to throw down the $100 for the serving dish.. I dont know.

I've also found this silverware... I must have it! and I will.. I'll slowly collect all of this.

Now on to what I've lovingly named Victogoth..which is the rest of my home haha. I love it but finding a decent cradenza or tv stand for a reasonable price is quite challenging.
In other news, my floors are finished! I'm so excited. It feels like I have a whole new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com