Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Resolutions are the same tomorrow.

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." -Benjamin Franklin

With tomorrow being the beginning of a new year, I look back at 2008. Tons of emotions flood me and as I sit here I cant help but feel like I failed. My resolutions werent even close to being met and some of them even backtracked... so this year I vow to make better and just in case I felt like backing out I decided to write this blog.

1. Photography
My first resolution is to do something with this new passion Ive found in photography. Maybe take a few classes, build a portfolio... I truly do believe I've found my calling.

2. Read more books.
There is no better feeling in the world than finishing a good book. Maybe I should join a book-group.

3. Eat healthier overall.
I have found that over this past year I have gained too much weight to be considered healthy... I hope tocut back on the fast food(not cut out, but BACK) and make my diet a bit more healthy.

4. Exercise my Mind and Body
Whether this means dancing my ass off to my Ipod when Garretts not home, investing in the WII fit or jogging after work. I must get back to my healthy body. I also want to be as sharp as I used to be.. its true that when you dont challenge your brain, it dies. I hope to start doing more crosswords, wordfinds, sudokus or maybe finding a trvial game to play with Garrett... Maybe we'll invest in a season of Cashcab? haha

5. Smile to at least one stranger a day.
I love it when strangers smile at me in passing. Its normally what makes my day, especially in a city like Dallas. I plan on returning the favor and doing more to make people smile. =]

6. PostSecret
Send in my secret.

7. Donate more to charity and support groups.
Im tired of going into goodwill or salvation army and only finding shit that is priced the same as walmart. I know tons of families donate really good stuff to these local stores so why is there only crap on new stock days? I refuse to give them anymore.
I do plan to give to charities I believe in.

8. I am a person too!
Ive realized that I go to far out of my way for other people... I have some inferiority complex where I think complete strangers deserve to walk all over me. Im working on this now but I hope that by the end of 2009, I'll realize that I to am a Hhuman Being and I am worthy of peoples respect as well.

A new life is about to begin for me. I will be getting married in October. I know our relationship isnt flawless and I hope to work on the problems... but I do realize that working on the problems is part of the journey of sharing your life with someone. Im excited for a lot of things are due to happen this year.. and I hope everyone else has a positive outlook as well. =]

A few smaller goals I have that I'd like to accomplish are:
Have at least one picnic.
Watch the sun rise and set.
Make new friends.
Touch real snow.
Call my family more often.
Roll down a grassy hill.
See more of the world.
Try new foods/restaraunts.
Find new music.
Give my pets equal love.
Learn how to play ALL the instruments on RockBand.
Beat at least one video game that I've never beat before.
Make Garrett feel more appreciated.
Have more Date Nights.



So thats it. I have tons more but I cant find my list haha. I hope everyone has a good year, and a safe/fun night!

love ya'll,

Tiffany D.

No comments:

Post a Comment


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com